Line tension monitoring
James Fisher Strainstall’s (JF Strainstall) line tension monitors provide a versatile solution for customers looking to ensure that mooring and winch loads remain within safe working limits.
We design and manufacture two types of line tension monitors; the Running Line Monitor (RLM) and the Static Line Monitor (SLM). These rugged, compact and accurate units are perfect for applications where a fixed means of measuring is impractical.
Featuring high quality stainless steel fixtures and an aluminium frame with marine grade coating to prevent corrosion, JF Strainstall’s line tension monitors are built to last. Their rugged construction makes them ideal for operation in the most extreme environments, including marine, offshore and onshore applications.
Available to suit various rope sizes and capacities, the line tension monitor’s simple clamp design makes the units easy to retrofit and move for use in other applications. Measuring tension, pay-out and speed in real-time provides customers with maximum flexibility in line control, sensor calibration and data logging.
Static line monitors are compact and measure loads up to 50 tonne’s, whereas our running line monitors provide data logging and can measure load speed and distance up to 100 tonnes.
Benefits of JF Strainstall line tension monitors:
- Designed and manufactured in the UK for high quality assurance
- Robust construction for use in hostile environments
- Easy to install, operate and remove
- Easy to transport, highly accurate and reliable
- Long design life with corrosion protection
- Bespoke solutions tailored to your specific needs
- Supplied with full certificate of calibration
- Ensures mooring and winch load safety
- Cabled and wireless options
- Safe and hazardous area options
- Mains or battery powered indicators
Did you know?
JF Strainstall is able to take credit card payments for its line tension monitors, so call now and place your order for fast delivery: +44 (0) 1983 203600.