With over 50 years’ asset monitoring experience in challenging offshore environments, James Fisher Strainstall is a proven partner for the design and implementation of bespoke load and asset monitoring solutions in the aquaculture industry.
As the sector develops larger enclosures or locates further offshore to address the industry's current challenges, it has become increasingly important to monitor heightened mooring loads in energetic waters. Drawing on the team’s experience in protecting high-value assets for the oil and gas and renewables markets, James Fisher Strainstall delivers hardware, software, and instrumentation solutions to measure load in real time. These are custom-made to enable the early identification of possible mooring line failures, protecting your valuable fish assets from the risk of costly incidents.
Our Aquaculture Mooring Monitoring System (AMMS) seamlessly integrates load monitoring technology to provide alerts of extreme loads on your mooring lines, caused by adverse sea conditions.
Precision engineered and highly accurate, our load shackles include a stainless-steel pin and an innovative load bobbin design, with a robust anti-rotation bracket to ensure the load is centralised and accurately monitored. This valuable and precise technology ensures loads are safely distributed and balanced to avoid overload situations caused by adverse sea conditions.
Features and benefits of James Fisher Strainstall load shackles
- Designed and manufactured in the UK for high quality assurance
- Load ratings to suit your individual needs from 2.5 tonnes upwards
- Robust construction for use in subsea environments
- Easy to install and highly accurate
- Long design life with corrosion protection
- Supplied with certificate of calibration
- Innovative load bobbin design with anti-rotation bracket ensuring centralised loading
Features and benefits of live alerts and data logging:
- Rugged enclosure IP67 high visibility case suitable for outdoor installations
- Alerts to high loads caused by adverse sea conditions
- Data confidence - real time view of data during setup
- Long battery life - up to one year with integral battery
- User friendly configuration software
Standard aquanode pack includes:
- Four off Strainstall wired load shackles with five metres of cable (typical load ratings: 2.5t to 25.0t*) *Other load ratings available upon request
- Rugged IP67 case with alert and data logging instrumentation
- Lithium rechargeable batteries
- Full instructions