- James Fisher Strainstall provides structural health monitoring system for the world’s tallest railway bridge
- James Fisher Strainstall secures Palace of Westminster instrumentation and monitoring contract
- James Fisher combines its asset monitoring capabilities under the new brand of James Fisher Strainstall
- James Fisher Strainstall signs collaborative agreement with L. Straatman BV
12 March 2013
James Fisher Strainstall supply load monitoring solution to superyacht 'Hanuman'.
James Fisher Strainstall, the UK based load cell manufacturer, has recently supplied a load measurement pin to the 42m (138ft) superyacht ‘Hanuman.
- Market leading load pin technology developed by James Fisher group company JF Strainstall
- Provides a robust solution to the sailing industry
- Determines most effective sail position to provide optimal speed
- Further demonstrates the leadership of James Fisher and Sons plc group companies in marine engineering and technology
JF Strainstall, the UK based load cell manufacturer, has recently supplied a load measurement pin to the 42m (138ft) superyacht ‘Hanuman’. The luxury sloop sail yacht is a modern recreation of the Super-J Class yacht, Endeavour II, built in 1937.
The supply of a load measuring pin to Hanuman continues JF Strainstall’s success in supplying load measurement solutions to the sailing industry. With the capacity and size of yachts and super yachts increasing in recent years, the need to measure and monitor forces has become ever more pivotal to a vessel achieving its maximum performance.
The pin is from the new YP100 series of yacht pins that are in demand in the super yacht industry. The YP100 range has been specifically designed for yacht applications and can be incorporated easily and economically within sheaves or dead-ends to measure the load/forces on the main sail. This enables the most efficient sail position to be determined in order to provide optimal speed. It can also be used to alert deckhands to potential overload situations, allowing them to take corrective action to prevent any damage occurring to the mast.
System features and benefits include:
- Helps determine most effective sail position to provide optimal speed
- Provides alerts when reaching overload conditions
- Helps avoid damage occurring to the mast
- Load pins are manufactured from high tensile stainless steel and sealed to IP67
- Easy to install new or retrofitted
- Reliable, long term operation
Pin out puts can be integrated into the vessels main navigation controls or supplied as a stand-alone system with a display.