Crane monitoring and weighing solutions
Drawing on over 50 years of expertise and experience in the load monitoring industry, James Fisher Strainstall (JF Strainstall) offers a wide range of products and systems for crane weighing and load monitoring applications.
Whether the requirements are on a component level (load cells) or for use with a more complex monitoring and weighing system, we can provide appropriate solutions for both retrofit and original equipment manufacturers (OEM).
With a large manufacturing premises and extensive engineering capabilities, we are able to oversee large-scale production runs in addition to providing one-off bespoke systems.
Sensor and system options
Listed below are the range of different sensor options we offer:
|Load monitoring shear pins||Load monitoring tension links||Running line monitors|
Listed below are a range of different system configurations we offer:
- Full load and overload monitoring
- Weighing systems
- A range of different displays, from handheld displays to PC-based and large digit displays.
- A range of alarm beacons and sounders
- Telemetry (wireless)
Display inside an operator's cabin
Crane monitoring and weighing applications
We have experience working with a range of different cranes and monitoring requests, from overload and weighing systems to more complex monitoring for nuclear and offshore environments, where hazardous area certified systems are required.
Listed below are some examples of the different crane monitoring and weighing applications that we can supply either directly to an OEM or as part of refurbishment:
- Overhead gantry crane weighing and overload systems
- Clamshell bucket weighing systems
- Marine crane overload and weighing systems
- Offshore knuckle boom and mast crane weighing and overload systems
- Foundry crane weighing systems
- Terminal crane weighing systems (rubber tyre gantry cranes (RTGs), rail mounted gantry cranes (RMGs), straddle carriers and reachstackers)
- Bespoke crane weighing and overload systems
Crane monitoring and weighing solution in use
(Click to enlarge images)