Tendon tension monitoring systems
James Fisher Strainstall's tendon tension monitoring systems for tension leg platforms (TLPs) and other offshore structures provide real-time load information which enhances platform safety.
The tendon tension monitoring system (TTMS) is capable of monitoring over 200 measurement channels simultaneously to provide a broad selection of analytical capabilities and helps operators to take remedial action should tendon tension exceed safe limits.
James Fisher Strainstall’s long-life load cells are installed on the tendon portches in the tendon top connector assembly to monitor tensions. This data is fed into display software for real-time review and retrospective analysis, and integrated into existing control systems as required.
Our load cells are extremely robust and are capable of providing long-term reliable data for the life of the structure. All application software is menu driven, operator friendly and designed to interface directly with other onboard monitoring and control systems.
Benefits of tendon tension monitoring:
- Acts as a key aid during platform installation
- Provides operators with data on tendon health
- Enhances platform safety
- Enables operators to take remedial action should tendon tension exceed safe limits
Features of tendon tension monitoring:
- Displays information regarding weight distribution and tendon tension
- Robust system with a 20+ year design life
- Alarm facility alerts operators when tendon tension approaches safe operational limits
- User-friendly displays
- Interfaces with other platform control systems
- Can be fully installed and tested in dry dock
- Can also incorporate riser tension monitoring