Winch tension monitoring
James Fisher Strainstall's winch tension monitoring systems allow operators full oversight and control during challenging activities in demanding offshore environments.
All systems are designed, engineered and manufactured for continuous operation, providing users with key data in real-time, including tension, speed and length. Should tensions reach pre-set limits during winch pull-in and anchor line handling operations, the system can generate an alarm to allow operators to take corrective action before any potential damage occurs.
With standard tension monitoring systems available for all known types of winches delivering critical information required for safe operation, James Fisher Strainstall (JF Strainstall) is able to create bespoke solutions for specific customer requirements. System configurations range from basic stand-alone winch monitoring packages to comprehensive mooring load monitoring and control systems.
Benefits of JF Strainstall's mooring winch tension monitoring:
- Ensures the integrity of winch tension
- Provides highly accurate line tension data
- Improves operational safety
- Allows operators to take preventative action in the event that winch loads exceed pre-determined limits
Features of JF Strainstall's mooring winch tension monitoring:
- Real-time monitoring and display
- Audible and visible alarms for high tension, high speed and bitter end
- Storage of historical data for trend analysis
- Easily integrated with other systems
- Customisable to specific requirements
- Zone 1 and Zone 2 certification available