James Fisher Strainstall’s StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system enables hull structural integrity to be continuously monitored and displayed.
With over 300 systems delivered worldwide, StressAlert™ is proven to enhance vessel safety and increase operational efficiency by providing real-time feedback on hull stress conditions. Advanced algorithms enable hull stress and fatigue calculations to be predicted into the future, giving advance warning of adverse conditions. Fatigue life calculations can be used to support vessel life extension decisions.
The system provides instant access to a vessel’s hull stress status, whether derived from dynamic wave action or induced stresses from cargo operations. Course, speed and metocean information can also be integrated to increase safety, operational efficiency and fuel savings.
During cargo operations loading and discharging plans can be adapted to minimise the effects of structural stress on the hull. In addition, James Fisher Strainstall (JF Strainstall) has developed a temporary system to enable class societies and operators to obtain hull bending data without the need to install a fully-specified integrated system.
Benefits of StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring:
- Enhances vessel safety
- Increases operational efficiency
- From-launch record of hull stress enables the available fatigue life to be determined
- Reduces maintenance and repair costs
- Demonstrates risk management
- Potential to reduce insurance costs and increase resale value
Features of StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring:
- Detects early signs of hull damage or degradation
- Simple installation
- Class approved
- Temporary system available
- Protection against in-service structural failure