JF Strainstall provide bespoke monitoring systems for use on renewables projects, providing load and structural health monitoring capabilities.
JF Strainstall provide several different products and monitoring systems for use in the renewables industry, these can either be integrated into an existing project or can be installed as a standalone system.
Our structural wind energy monitoring systems provide insight into the condition of a turbine; warning of component wear and facilitating pre-emptive maintenance works. A combination of sensors measure displacement, inclination, lateral erosion, oceanographic changes and component deterioration without the need for regular diver and ROV inspections.
Alarm-linked, real-time data immediately alerts operators to overload situations and to the possibility that structural stability may have been compromised, lowering the potential for off-shore accidents.
JF Strainstall also offer renewables mooring load monitoring systems to enhance design for strength, reliability and to act as an aid during installation.
With several systems installed on a number of offshore floating renewable applications, James Fisher Strainstall (JF Strainstall) offers a number of mooring load monitoring systems tailored to meet the requirements of the specific application. They range from the supply of a single load cell, pin, shackle or strain ring to a completely integrated marine monitoring system.
During operational deployment, ongoing mooring load monitoring mitigates against the risk of underestimating loads and stresses that can cause mooring line failure and potentially serious consequences.
Renewables monitoring benefits:
- Ensures live data-stream of information to verify the integrity of structure and/or mooring arrangement
- Provides critical data insights to accelerate value engineering to aid development, critical to reduce LCoE
- During pre-commercial and commercial operation can feed key data to assess efficiency and availability factors that influence up-time and revenue generation
- As part of a wider instrumentation system including digital twinning, can reduce risk and cost associated with deployment of operatives to offshore asset
- With the size of arrays increasing and working with insurance companies, has the potential to support increased levels of cover
Renewables monitoring system features:
- Non-intrusive installation
- Plug and play solution
- Provides a real-time display of structural condition and/or mooring loads
- Uses proven Strainstall subsea load shackles and load cells
- Reliable low maintenance design
- Can replicate and replace an existing mechanical part or be a designed engineered solution