James Fisher Strainstall’s renewables mooring load monitoring systems enhance design in respect of strength and reliability and act as an aid during installation for mooring line set-up.
With several systems installed on a number of offshore floating renewable applications, James Fisher Strainstall (JF Strainstall) offers a number of mooring load monitoring systems tailored to meet the requirements of the specific application. They range from the supply of a single load cell, pin, shackle or strain ring to a completely integrated marine monitoring system.
During operational deployment, ongoing mooring load monitoring mitigates against the risk of underestimating loads and stresses that can cause mooring line failure and potentially serious consequences.
Read our whitepaper: Learning from the past to ensure FLOW's future
Renewables mooring monitoring benefits:
- Ensures live data-stream of load information to verify the integrity of mooring arrangement
- Provides critical data insights to accelerate value engineering to aid development, critical to reduce LCoE
- During pre-commercial and commercial operation can feed key data to assess efficiency and availability factors that influence up-time and revenue generation
- As part of a wider instrumentation system including digital twinning, can reduce risk and cost associated with deployment of operatives to offshore asset
- With the size of arrays increasing and working with insurance companies, has the potential to support increased levels of cover
Renewables mooring monitoring system features:
- Non-intrusive installation
- Plug and play solution
- Provides a real-time display of mooring loads
- Uses proven Strainstall subsea load shackles and cells
- Reliable low maintenance design
- Can replicate and replace an existing mechanical part or be a designed engineered solution
Proactively supporting offshore renewables, JF Strainstall’s dynamic structural monitoring solutions improve operational safety and efficiency.
JF Strainstall’s structural wind energy monitoring systems enable focused remedial work. Saving time and resources, our solutions measure displacement, inclination, lateral erosion, oceanographic changes and component deterioration without the need for regular diver and ROV inspections.
Alarm-linked, real-time data immediately alerts operators to overload situations and to the possibility that structural stability may have been compromised. Lowering the potential for off-shore accidents, JF Strainstall helps clients avoid litigation and loss of reputation.